The Trixie Pet Two Way Locking Dog Door Review
A dog is a part of the family. They are fluffy, friendly and energetic, and most of the time spent with them is fun and interesting. However, there are times when the role of a dog owner can be exhausting because the dog owner can get tired of all the things they need to do regarding their fluffy little friend.
One of the most common problems dog owners face is the constant need of their dog to go out. Sometimes it can catch you while you are eating, napping and sometimes you aren’t even at home when your dog needs to go. For this reason many dog owners are installing dog doors which are very helpful – you dog goes in and out whenever it wants to and you don’t have to move a muscle.
However there are certain issues that are often connected to dog doors and the main ones are the energy efficiency and security – by opening a small door you are opening a door to the wind, rain and everything else outside, and you are opening a door for burglars and criminals to come in.
These are the reasons why you should be extra careful when you are buying a dog door because you need to choose the best one there is, and we will show you why the Trixie Pet Two Way Locking Dog Door is the right choice for you as a responsible dog owner and homeowner.
- The extra small-small one can be used for dogs that are up to 20 pounds
- The small-medium one can be used for dogs that are up to 45 pounds
- The medium-extra-large one can be used for dogs that are up to 95 pounds
- It has a plastic frame that is very durable
- It has a flap that is silent and transparent
- The base is made of sturdy metal bars
- It can be locked with a metal real panel which is removable
- It comes with a tunnel parts to extend the depth from .75 to 1.25 inches
- All of the hardware is included
- It comes in white
- It is durable
- It can be easily installed without a need to call a professional
- It does not allow wind or rain to come in
- The locks work perfectly and they don’t allow any wild animals or pests to come inside
- It does not make any sounds when it is opening or closing
- It has small plugs and screws that increase the security by minimizing the options for potential burglars
- It works perfectly for bigger and larger dogs
- There is a cardboard template that is extremely helpful
- The flap is not too sturdy or heavy if your pet is not strong enough
- It can even be installed on some screen doors
- It requires professional hand tools in order to install it
- When installed on a metal door there might be some problems and hard parts
- There isn’t a magnet on the bottom of the flap which can cause a small gap in some cases
- It works better if it is put on an interior door rather than an exterior door
This is a great dog door for those who don’t want to put much effort in the installation and it is very helpful too. The Trixie Pet two way locking dog door is extremely easy to install and it will definitely make your home a better place as it is durable, it is handy, it does not pose a threat to your home and it is very quiet. More importantly, this is a door that will ease your life as a pet owner because it doesn’t require future investments or high maintenance – you just put it up and it does the work for you.
Because of the two way locking system, you won’t have to worry about intruders like burglars or wild animals – you lock it and the outside world is prevented from coming in.
Compared to other dog doors like the IdealPet pet door with a telescoping frame and the PetSafe plastic pet door, the Trixie Pet two way locking dog door is similar to them on many grounds – they are all safe and energy efficient, they don’t allow much meddling with the color as they come in a general white color or cream.
However, the biggest and the most important difference between them is their weight – the Trixie Pet two way locking dog door weighs a lot less than the IdealPet and the PetSafe one, this means that the chances of it damaging your door are much lower.
Additionally it also means that the lighter the dog door is the more it is durable as there isn’t much hard and heavy material in it to break it. This is definitely a dog door that you buy when you want to get the best features while saving yourself from the trouble of investing in a new door in the future.
It has to be said that the Trixie Pet two way locking dog door is an excellent choice for people who want to invest in a dog door that is durable and who are taking the special precautions in order to maintain a high level of security in their home. This is a door that can be installed both on interior or exterior doors and it will ease your life on so many grounds – you won’t hear your dog going in or out, and you won’t have to get up to open or close the door.
Additionally, when you don’t want your dog to go out anymore – you just press the locks and the door is sealed and there is no passage allowed anymore.
The benefits of this dog door compared to others is visible from the beginning – you can easily install it because you have a template provided that is very helpful and it should be up and working in no time.
It can even be used by dogs and cats who are a bit overweight because of the wonderfully made frame with larger dimensions. All you need to do is measure your pet accordingly, buy it and mount it – the rest of it will be none of your concern. Your dog will be able to go in and out whenever it wants to and you will be able to rest whenever you want to without the obligation to go out to walk your dog every few hours.
Get your Trixie Pet Two Way Locking Dog Door and be a better and more relaxed dog owner – your dog will be thankful!