Dog Doors – Which Are The Best?
If you are doubting what type of a dog door you should install, consider wall mount dog doors because they are an excellent idea. This is because dog doors that are installed in a door are ruining the door for good, but the wall dog door is easily removed with a wall-patch. Additionally, a wall dog door can be made of high quality materials and it can still be weather proof even if it is in your wall as it will keep wind, hot and cold air out of your home for good.
Moreover, these dog doors often come with a feature of ability to close the flap when you don’t want any access at all – the higher the quality of the materials it is made of – the more secure the locking covers will be. However, not only wall mounted dog doors are helpful – there are numerous door-mounted dog doors that might just satisfy any need of a dog owner.
Also, good dog doors are known for their energy efficiency and durability – however, with taken extra precautions and with a well-informed decision. This means that you don’t just go and buy the first dog door you see, but you think for some time – which dog door does best satisfy your needs and which door does not harm your budget or your safety.
We understand that today’s market has a lot to offer, some dog doors are extremely good, however, many of them are unuseful and will probably not be up to anyone’s standards, which is why we give you the following top 3 best dog doors – they will most likely satisfy and exceed anyone’s wishes and needs:
The PetSafe plastic pet door
This is a great dog door for those who seek a practical solution to their problems, and it looks very sophisticated – if you want to allow your dog to move freely yet you don’t want to ruin the whole exterior of your door – this is a great option.
- The white frame is paintable and it can match any interior or exterior design
- It has a closing panel that works on a system of snapping on, which is very durable
- It provides excellent weather resistance
- The frame is made of plastic
- It is available in different sizes from Small to Extra Large
- It comes with a template and installation instructions
- The plastic is extremely durable
- It should be installed on a people door either an interior or an exterior one
- It can be installed on a door with a thickness of max 2 inches
- The flap is soft and tinted
- The medium size weighs around 2.8 pounds
- It is really easy to install
- The instructions are clear and helpful
- The customer services are available and very useful too
- The flap is not see-through and you don’t harm your privacy
- It is light and it doesn’t damage the door that it is mounted on
- The frame can be painted over and it is excellent for people with aspirations to décor
- The panel can be closed and you can prevent your dog from opening it if you don’t want it to use it
- It is weather resistant and energy efficient
- It is extremely durable
- There are plastic screws in the installation kit
- The pattern can be tricky and requires extra attention
- The template in some cases of the medium frame can be too wide – around 5/8
This is an excellent door if you want a stylish look of the dog door whilst having a practical solution to your problem. It is energy efficient and it protects your home from draft and it is smoothly sealed that no insects can come into your house.
The PetSafe Pet Screen Door
It is no coincidence that the PetSafe brand is on this list twice as it is a leading and a reliable manufacturer about pet products for many years. They really know how to make a product that is useful, reliable and durable, here is some more info about their pet screen door:
- It comes in one size – small
- It works excellent with vinyl or metal coated screen doors, with window od porch door screens
- It can be installed quickly and easily on an existing screen
- Bronze color
- It has a plastic frame with a mesh screen flap that blends with the existing screen
- It has two slide locks
- It comes with installation instructions
- It is made for pets around 30 lbs or less
- The flat opening is size 8 x 9/14 inches
- It is easily installed by pressing the outer and inner frames in their place
- It has two locks that secure your house from wild animals or strays wandering in
- It blends perfectly with an existing screen door
- It is easy for pets to use
- It doesn’t require modifications or extra investments
- It leaves a very small crack when it is fully closed
- The instructions aren’t very clear
- It only comes in small size
- The sides in some cases need gluing in order to latch them together for a longer period of time
This is an excellent dog door if you don’t want to put much time and effort in giving your small dog or a cat a way out of the house without having to get up and open the door for them. It is super easy to install it and it works perfectly once installed.
The PlexiDor Performance Wall-Mount dog door
Because pets are quite cherished in almost every family, this door is an excellent way of how to give it a chance to go out and come in as it wants. This is a dog door that can be mounted in a wall and it will relieve you of the need to get up whenever your dog barks in front of the door when it wants to go out. It is an extra-large dog door that does everything it needs to do. Here is some more info about it:
- It is mounted on a wall
- It is energy efficient
- It has a heavy-duty mechanism that make the flaps open quick and it closes them tight
- It is also very quiet and doesn’t make any noise when opening and closing
- It is made out of anodized Aluminum – a material that is known to be very durable
- It is scratch-resistant
- It is available in three finishes – white, silver and bronze
- It includes a sloped aluminum tunnel kit in order to prevent water intrusion
- It has a lock-mechanism that comes with 2 keys, also it can only be accessed from inside
- The flaps hardly ever need replacing because they are very durable made out of K9 composite
- It is very safe and it increases the security of your home
- It is energy efficient and it doesn’t allow wind, water or bugs to come inside
- It can be used by dogs up to 220 pounds
- It requires professional help in order to install it
This is an excellent dog door if you have a big furry buddy like a Rottweiler or a Great Dane. It is extremely durable and you will see that after years of using it, it won’t show any signs of failure. It sure takes some time to install and extra effort, however the results are magnificent. This is definitely a door that a tiger wouldn’t be able to break and if your dog is energetic and bulky – this is the perfect choice for you.
All in all, we would like to emphasize the best features about each of these tremendously good dog doors, and here they are:
- The PetSafe plastic pet door is the best choice for you if you want to keep the good design of your home interior and exterior, and yet have a practical solution as a dog door.
- The PetSafe Pet Screen Door is an excellent choice if you don’t want to put an extra effort or time when you install a dog door – the installation is quick and easy and your small dog will be happy and satisfied.
- The PlexiDor Performance Wall-Mount dog door is the best choice if you have a big dog that is very energetic – it is a lifetime investment and it is extremely durable and helpful, however, this means that you need to take an extra step to enjoy the benefits of it for many years.
Get any of these dog doors according to your needs, as it is guaranteed that they will satisfy almost every need you have as a dog owner.